How Much Should Grandparents Spend on Christmas Gifts? 

• Grandparents love spending time with their grandchildren and buying gifts that show their love. However, when buying a gift for them, grandparents should be careful not to spoil their grandchildren. This may lead to arguments between the child and the parent. 

I will try to explain three key points about how much should you spend on Christmas gifts:

1. Budget

Think about your budget and the number of grandchildren you have. If you have 3 or more, you have to adjust your budget. While adjusting it, consider your grandchildren’s ages and allocate the budget accordingly for a more fair allocation.

2. Price ranges

Gifts that are more expensive than what your children can afford may not a good choice for your grandchildren. Your grandchild may compare your gifts with their mom's or dad’s gifts. Moreover, the parents may feel inadequate and stressed about not being able to afford similar gifts. Thus, it’s better to set a price range and buy a gift that doesn’t exceed the limit.

3. Age

As your grandchildren grow older, you may start buying more expensive gifts, because as they are older, they can realize a gift’s value, appreciate the effort you put into selecting it, and care about their gifts more.

I've also added a general guideline below. I hope you find it helpful!

• For younger grandchildren (under 8): $15-$40 per child
    • For older grandchildren (8-15): $25-$65 per child
    • For teenagers (15+): $40-$90 per child