How Can I Surprise My Coworkers on Their Birthdays?

• I don’t know about your workplace, but mine is relatively small. We all know one another and share joyous occasions, such as birthdays. Buying a birthday gift for all my coworkers won’t break the bank, but I imagine it won't be the same for someone working in an organization with hundreds of workers.

If you have many coworkers, the first thing you should do is determine the type of relationship you have with them. For example, would you classify them as friends beyond the workplace? You also need to look at the company's gifting culture. Do you all chip in to get the person a gift or do you have a limit for a budget birthday gift?

In our small office, we set birthday gifts under $30 as the standard. This reduces pressure on everyone, and you can get amazing gifts within that budget. For example, I recently got my coworker this personalized wood pen. It is an affordable birthday gift, way below the budget limit, and she loved it.

Personalized birthday gifts are great for coworkers because it is obvious that you bought the gift with them in mind. Since you spend a lot of time with them, you can tell what they need. For instance, you can get this personalized leather lanyard for a coworker who is constantly losing their keys or ID. 

Alternatively, you can also get bulk gifts in advance so you have them ready for your coworkers’ birthdays. It may seem impersonal, but you’ll get high-quality birthday gifts at a bargain. These personalized men's leather wallets are made of full-grain leather and have six card slots and a money slot. They are the perfect birthday gift for him, and you can get them blank or engraved. 

These are some of my birthday gift ideas for coworkers. Please share more in the comments.