Gifts Under $30: Are You Being Cheap or Frugal?

• Cheap and frugal are two terms that many people fear using when it comes to gift giving. They are even used interchangeably, sometimes in a demeaning manner. Gifts under $30 may be considered cheap by some people, but it also depends on their affordability and quality. It is entirely possible to get high-quality gifts at a great price.

Take this personalized name necklace as an example. It is an affordable gift under $30 but it is made of 925 silver with 14K rose gold or gold finishing. You can also get it in a Matte finish. It is nickel-free and doesn’t tarnish. This is what most people look for in jewelry, so getting it at under $30 is a bonus. 

Cheap and frugal are also highly subjective, and what separates the two is the person’s attitude when giving the gift. A frugal person is not obsessed with spending the least amount of money on the gift. Instead, they may take advantage of opportunities that allow them to get the best gifts at a bargain.

For example, a frugal person may decide to buy bulk personalized gifts to make a saving. They may also take advantage of the 20% affiliate link discount to save even more money. 

On the other hand, cheap is often associated with a person whose focus is entirely on the price of the gift. However, we should be careful about throwing around the “cheap person” narrative because someone may get a cheap gift because that is all they can truly afford. 

The same may be said of a frugal person, so maybe I truly do not know what I’m talking about:) Nonetheless, there is nothing wrong with being frugal or cheap. As seen, there are some great gift ideas under $30, so you lose nothing by exploring gifts under this category. You may even get exactly what your loved ones want at an affordable price.

Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? Kindly share your thoughts in the comments.